As the company celebrates its one-year anniversary, O’Brien Whitt Publishing is pleased to announce the forthcoming launch of Kentucky Appellate Survey Monthly, a monthly publication that will cover major developments in Kentucky law, including full coverage of all appellate court opinions and orders—published and unpublished. The first issue will be released on Friday, March 6, 2015.
OWP is also now accepting pre-orders for the 2014 Annual Edition of the Kentucky Appellate Survey, which will be released late spring and will cover the more than 1,400 opinions and orders rendered by Kentucky’s appellate courts in 2014.
Kentucky Appellate Survey Monthly will include coverage of:
· Published and unpublished opinions of the Supreme Court of Kentucky;
· Published and unpublished opinions of the Kentucky Court of Appeals;
· Rulings on motions for discretionary review by the Supreme Court of Kentucky and Court of Appeals and a discussion of the issues presented by those motions;
· Changes to the Kentucky Rules of Professional Conduct, Rules of Civil Procedure, Rules of Criminal Procedure, and Rules of Evidence promulgated by the Supreme Court of Kentucky;
· Summary and commentary of forthcoming oral arguments scheduled before the Supreme Court of Kentucky and the Court of Appeals; and
· Other news of interest to the legal community.
Kentucky Appellate Survey Monthly will be released in PDF format on the first Friday of each month and will cover new opinions and orders from the prior month and preview developments for the coming month. The publication will serve as a critical one-stop for attorneys in Kentucky wishing to keep apprised of the very latest developments in the law. By providing timely coverage of all the latest appellate news and other major developments, Kentucky Appellate Survey Monthly will complement the annual edition of the Kentucky Appellate Survey, which seeks to contextualize new opinions released over the course of the preceding year.
Twelve-month subscriptions to Kentucky Appellate Survey Monthly are $150 (subscription runs from date of purchase). The 2014 Annual Edition of the Kentucky Appellate Survey is $200 for a digital copy and $250 for both a print and digital copy. OWP is pleased to offer our customers a bundle deal when they pre-order the 2014 Edition and subscribe to KAS Monthly, with savings of up to 15%. Prices do not include sales tax. Additionally, those wishing to order copies of the 2013 Annual Edition of the Kentucky Appellate Survey may now do so for half price.
O’Brien Whitt Publishing, LLC, was founded in January 2014 by attorneys Edward M. O’Brien and Nicholas E. Whitt. The company’s mission is to publish quality content for use by attorneys, law clerks, judges, educators, government officials, policymakers, activists, and members of the public. OWP released its inaugural publication, the 2013 Annual Edition of the Kentucky Appellate Survey, last year. In October 2014, the company also published Kentucky’s first-ever study on circuit court reversal rates on appeal. OWP products are available for purchase at www.kentuckyappellatesurvey.com/shop.